Shaftal has an erect habit, thick hollow stems and large leaflets. Hard seed level is very low at one to two per cent. Flowering and maturity is mostly late. Used in high density legume crops. Minimum average annual rainfall for this group of Persian clovers is 450 mm (Southern NSW). An autumn and winter spring growing annual with excellent tolerance to waterlogging, Shaftal Persian clover is moderately tolerant of salinity.
- Annual nitrogen fixing herb, also called Persian Clover
- Germinates in Autumn to Spring and flowers in Spring to Early Summer
- Loam and clay loam red earth soil types
- Minimal hard seededness
- Used mostly as a high density legume crop
- Tolerates water logging and is moderately tolerant of salinity
Kingcote™ is a trademark of Baker Seed Co. For Legume pasture seed it is specially formulated to provide protection to the seed and aid in the establishment of the pasture. Kingcote includes insecticide, fungicide and live rhizobium, encapsulated in a long life coating.e- seeding. Soft-seeded.