Kittyhawk is a long season variety with three winter genes, making it suited to early planting. The variety provides high potential while also offering a solid grain package including a significant test weight improvement over Wedgetail. Kittyhawk provides and improved disease package over Wedgetail, particularly for Stripe Rust, Stem Rust and Leaf Rust.
- A high yielding dual purpose wheat variety suited to all areas that grow Wedgetail
- Premium classification; APH (NSW/Qld) and AH (SA/Vic)
- Slow maturity (long season) with three winter genes. Suited to early planting similar to Wedgetail
- Improved disease resistance over Wedgetail especially for Stripe Rust East (MR) Stem Rust (MRMS) and Leaf Rust (MR)
- Significant test weight (4-6Kg/Hl) improvement over Wedgetail and Illabo with a solid grain package