A new, game-changing IMI barley is on its way for planting in 2024!
- Exceptionally high yielding, InterGrain data indicates a 10% yield improvement over RGT Planet
- Mid-Spring maturity, imidazolinone (IMI) tolerant
- Outstanding disease resistance package including excellent resistance to cereal cyst nematode, powdery mildew and the spot form of net blotch, and useful resistance to the net form of net blotch and leaf scald.
- Ideally suited to medium-high rainfall environments
- Neo has a semi-prostrate early growth habit and a medium plant height
- Good head retention and good tolerance to lodging and head loss
- Good grain quality attributes including high levels of grain plumpness, substantially superior to RGT Planet.
- Neo has been accepted into Grain’s Australia malting accreditation program with the earliest potential final accreditation in March 2025.