Popany is a purple vetch variety and is a late-maturing, requiring more than 130 days from seeding to podding. It is a good variety in mid to high-rainfall areas for hay/ silage.
- Late maturing purple vetch, used commonly in cover crops, green manuring, hay/silage or forage situations.
- Outstanding dry matter potential
- Resistant to rust
- Purple flowering with black seed
- Suited to mid to high rainfall areas and on a range of soil types
- It has a semi erect growth habit and forms a dense canopy, producing far greater dry matter than vicia sativa varieties