A legume related to soy and peanut. The largest pulse crop grown in Australia. Commonly grown for stockfeed purposes, having a high protein content.
- Highest yielding albus lupin for eastern states
- Mid flowering, indeterminate genotype
- Moderate resistance to Pleiochaeta Root Rot and Phomopsis
- Susceptible to Anthracnose
- Grain quality wellsuited to albus human consumption markets
- Seed size similar to Luxor
- Murringo is best suited to medium to high rainfall lupin growing regions of NSW but can also be grown in Victoria and SA